Uploading Your Site Using Microsoft
For the purposes of this tutorial, we'll refer to your domain name as
Before you can publish with Frontpage, your domain name MUST be fully
propagated to our nameservers. If you just signed up and aren't sure what this
means, please see
this tutorial before proceeding.
You will also need to turn on FrontPage Extensions for your
account. If you want this doing you will need to contact us.
If you're ready to publish, follow these steps:
- Open Frontpage.
- To open an existing file, go to the "File" menu and select "Open."
- The "Open File" window should pop up. Navigate to the file you want to publish.
In this example, the file we are going to publish is "index.html."
- Your webpage will open on the monitor. Go to the "File" menu
again, and scroll down to "Publish Web."
- Now, the "Publish Web" Dialog appears. Where it says "Specify
the location to publish your web to", enter your domain name in this format:
Notice that there is no "www." or "ftp://" -- you must use the format
specified above or publishing will not work. You may use your temporary URL to publish as well.
After you put in your domain name, click on "Publish" button on the bottom right.
- FrontPage will now connect to your webspace on our servers. A username and password dialog prompt will
appear. You will find these in the Welcome email you were sent when you first signed up with us.
- Now sit back and relax as your website is published. It can take anywhere from a few seconds to
several minutes to publish your website depending on the size of your site and the speed of your connection.
- Once FrontPage finishes publishing, you should see a notice stating "Web site published
Return to Help Center Homepage >> | Return to Tutorials Homepage >>