|Uploading Your Site Using FTP Voyager 9.1
When you install and run FTP Voyager for the first time you will see the following screen:
Setting Up Your Site:
- Click on FTP Sites and select the 'New Folder' button. Change the name of the
folder to your chosen name in the 'Name:' box e.g. 'my sites':
- Click on 'my sites' (or what ever you called your new folder), and click on the 'New Site' button.
Then enter the following details:
Name: A name of your choosing, this is for your own reference only e.g. 'Sample site'
Description: This is optional, and is again for your own reference only.
FTP Site: Enter either 220.127.116.11 (the direct address of your server) or ftp.yourdomain.com
(this only works once the nameservers have been set)
This information is also contained in the Welcome email that you received upon joining.
Default Directory: Enter: public_html, this is the folder on the server were most of your files
will be uploaded to.
Anonymous Login: Turn OFF
User ID: Get this from the 'Welcome email' you were sent on sign up
Password: Get this from the 'Welcome email' you were sent on sign up
Save Password: Turn ON
Then click on the 'Connect' button
FTP Voyager should then connect you to your site, and your screen should now look like this:
Points to notice above:
1: Displays the folders found on your Server, and allows you to navigate through them.
2: Displays the files and folders found on your Server in the folders selected in window 1.
3: Displays the folders found on your own Hard Drive
4: Displays the files and folders found on your Hard Drive in the folders selected in window 3.
5: Shows the commands being sent to your server by FTP Voyager (for reference only)
6: Tracks the progress of the pages/files being uploaded once you start uploading your files.
You have now connected to your server account successfully and are ready to upload your first files.
Congratulations ! you have just learnt the basics up how to upload your files using FTP
- Navigate through your local drive in your left hand window '3', until the page(s)
you want to upload are displayed in Window '4'.
- In window '1' click on 'public_html' (this is were to upload your pages and folders
too that you want people to be able to see on your web site) and the current contents of
the 'public_html' folder will be displayed in Window '2'
- Then either RIGHT click on your chosen file and select 'Upload' or click on the
upload button in the middle of the page:
- Window '5' will display the commands being sent in order to upload the file, and
window '6' will display the progress of the upload.
- Once the transfer has completed your file should then appear in window '2'.
- To add more sites to FTP Voyager to upload to select: Edit > Site Profiles
- The software obviously has a lot more to offer and I wish you all the best exploring
it and making the most of it.
Return to Help Center Homepage >> | Return to Tutorials Homepage >>